We have a Mt. Vernon company in need of Heavy Equipment Mechanics. After 90 days, employee would be eligible for all company benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Match, Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays. Company also pays for uniforms.
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Location: Mt. Vernon, Il
Similar Positions: Automotive Technician, Service and Repair, Heavy Equipment Repair Man
SUMMARY: Responsible for diagnosing faults or malfunctions and determining needed equipment repairs.
1. Properly repair outgoing machinery and parts.
2. Inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
3. Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs
4. Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
5. Ability to work on hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
6. Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
7. Examine parts for damage or excessive wear.
8. Maintain and secure work tools.
9. Clean and maintain work area.
10. Ability to properly use hand tools.
11. Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
12. Order tools and machinery/inventory parts.
13. Accurately account for all time spent per job.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and interpret diagrams, blueprints and assembly prints.
3. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
Working conditions are normal for a shop environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toe boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry should not be worn.