HireLevel is looking for a Quality Assurance Inspector in Clayton!
This is a company that focuses on product innovation and quality in the over-the-counter healthcare categories to better improve the lives of our customers and their world.
For generations, our trusted brands have helped consumers care for themselves and their loved ones. We are the largest independent provider of over-the-counter products in North America and we are constantly improving and creating products that match the ever-changing lifestyles and needs of people and families everywhere.
Job Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Location: Clayton, IN
Shift: Monday - Friday | 1st and 2nd shift
Similar Positions: Quality Control, Inspection
Responsibilities of Quality Assurance Inspector:
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, coordination, communication and professional business relations with suppliers, company personnel, management and 3PL.
- Performs Quality Inspection of product receipts and release documentation for conformity to specifications and dispositions product.
- Reviews transaction and exception reports to assure 3PL transactions exactly match transactions authorized through SAP. Notifies 3PL and Quality if transactions are missing or unauthorized transactions have been keyed to resolve discrepancies.
- Inspects product returns and determines what may or may not be returned to stock based on SOP and acceptance criteria.
- Conducts nonconformance investigations to determine cause and initiate CAPAs as required.
- Occasionally supervise and inspect rework/relabel operations to correct nonconformances.
- Complete and maintain related inspection reports and documentation in an organized and retrievable manner.
- Assists Supervisor and Quality Managers in updating and generating SOPs to improve GMP compliance at 3PL.
- Protects organization's competitiveness by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- The Quality Inspector will hold a key position in the Quality Department.
- The individual is responsible for a variety of Quality Management as well clerical duties and providing on-the ground support at our 3rd party logistics provider in Plainfield, IN.
- Ensuring Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliance by helping develop and execute the Quality Assurance programs
Requirements of Quality Assurance Inspector:
- High School Graduate or equivalent relevant experience in an inspection or warehouse environment.
- Previous experience with quality and packaging inspections
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems in a GMP environment
- Ability to analyze information
- Knowledge of FDA cGMP for Warehousing and Distribution, Packaging and Labeling, and Returned and Salvaged Products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office applications (Excel/Word)
- Efficient and attentive to detail
- Basic office activities
- Approximately 60/40 split between active inspection work in the warehouse and office work. Exerts up to 40 lbs of force occasionally (Ability to move cases from pallets for inspections and ability to walk back and forth from office to warehouse storage locations.)
- Meet client's background check and drug screen requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you!
Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.