IF YOU DO NOT READ BLUEPRINTS, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! This position is permanent after 90 days. Pay is based on experience.
The Technical Cost Estimator prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
Provide accurate and timely estimates to Managers, maintain a coordinated system of profitable selling prices including recommendations on materials, manufacturing methods to create an efficient transition of production lead times.
1. Establish strong working relationships and support to Managers by understanding customer base and methods of pricing jobs.
2. Provides full cycle accurate and timely estimates to Managers that are competitive and within industry standards.
3. Maintains well organized and thorough estimating process, including opportunities for improvement.
4. Works with sourcing to evaluate and identify new suppliers, production methods and materials.
5. Analyze suppliers and quotes provided and suggests appropriate recommendations in the estimating process.
6. Maintain updated pricing models and ensure supplier pricing list is up to date to ensure profitable and competitive quotes are calculated.
7. Maintain Estimating system and provide to appropriate parties.
8. Provide revisions and communicate changes in a timely fashion.
9. Provide training on Estimating tool and continuous improve the process when appropriate.
10. Participate in reviewing new projects to provide approximate costing and guidance to Managers Qualifications
Expert Ability to read blue prints and knowledge of a wide variety of materials and manufacturing methods.
Experience with machining steel is desirable.
2 years of experience is preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
Attention to detail, strong work ethic and excellent attendance
Excellent organizational and math skills
Excellent communication skills
After 90 days of employment you will be eligible for:
+Great Benefit package; including medical, dental, vision. Life, LTD, 401(k) with company match