Industry: Production Worker
Job Number: 44405
HireLevel powered by Extra Help is seeking a Welder/Fabricator for a client in Mt. Vernon, IL! Are you looking for a career with a great company?
Compensation: $15-20 an hour based on experience
Shift: 2nd shift
Supporting Positions: Arc Welding, MIG Welding, Fabricator, Welder
Location: Mt Vernon, IL
SUMMARY: Responsible to clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind and/or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitoring the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion material.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials, and notify supervisors.
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Fabrication work as needed.
- Accurately account for time spent per job.
- Keep work area clean including shop floor.
- Minor maintenance of machines to include oiling, greasing, cleaning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams, blueprints and assembly prints.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toe boots, welding helmets, long-sleeved nonflammable shirts. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry should not be worn.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.