HireLevel is seeking an Accountant for our client located in Des Plaines, IL!
Job Title: Accountant
Job Category: Full-time, Contract
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Similar Positions: Finance, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Accounting
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Focus on cost accounting & financial reporting related tasks.
- Provide operational support to departmental projects or larger scale department/division-wide efforts.
- Manage shipping process for US and International shipments which includes verifying documents, working with warehouse staff to insure shipments to Clinical sites are accurate for Clinical Trials
- Implement a method to obtain accurate shipping costs for study products shipped to clinical sites.
- Implement a shipping cost tracking matrix for Clinical Affairs to provide accurate pass-through costs to Pharma Partners.
- Manage physical & virtual inventory for Clinical studies via warehouse, shipping spreadsheet and Avante (Training will be provided)
- Collect required data to prepare invoices for Pharma Partners within 10 days of receipt.
- Implementing an invoice organization system, interpreting and processing invoices and project payments, requesting Purchase Orders, collaborating with project leaders (Clinical Project Managers, Clinical Research Associates) to ensure payments are within budget.
- Tracking information and generating reports, research and follow through, schedule coordination and database management.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, coordinate office moves, computer & Office Phone installation, and software system access requests.
- Research and follow through, Outlook Calendar/schedule coordination, Expense Reports (Concur), other administrative activities as appropriate
- May require knowledge and/or experience in specific programs or processes pertinent to the customer.
- Minimum supervision required.
Job Requirements of the Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA, CMA or MBA is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience with Cost Accounting or Financial Analysis required.
- Clinical background or experience is highly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing and able to multi task as the job entails navigating various systems and processes.
- Must be able to work independently but also in a team environment.
- Able to meet background and drug screen requirements.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer