HireLevel is looking for an Accountant in St. Louis, MO!
Our client, a global packaging company, is looking for an Accountant to report to the Administration and Finance Manager. The purpose of this position is to manage company accounts guaranteeing compliance to all accounting, taxation and legal regulations, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Job Category: Full-time, Direct Hire
Shift: Monday through Friday, 1st Shift
Location: St. Louis, MO
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Verifies, allocates, posts and reconciles all accounts payable transactions in the ERP system
- Issues invoices towards clients and to support intercompany transactions
- Plans and executes payments, manages all cash related activities (e.G. Petty cash, cashing/depositing checks, etc.) and related accounting transactions
- Monitors, reconciles and ensures correct processing of all bank transactions and fees
- Supports in tax calculation (corporate, labor, VAT, etc.), preparation of reports and filing declaration within stated deadlines
- Supports in the collection of information and preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- Supports in the preparation of special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing accounting data
- Supports the Administration and Finance Manager in researching and interpreting accounting and fiscal policies and regulations
- Prepares documentation for the periodic audit
- Supports the Administration and Finance Manager in carrying out tasks, performing office management and secretarial duties
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Good knowledge of taxation rules and regulations
- Excellent applied knowledge of an ERP system (preferably SAP)
Requirements of the Accountant:
- Bachelor’ s degree in administration, finance, accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Accountant in a manufacturing company or in a chartered accountant consultancy firm
- Accountability. Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable
- Must meet client background and drug screen requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.Hirelevel.Com/referral.