HireLevel is seeking a Part Time Accountant for an insurance broker in Edwardsville, IL. This person will assist in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and most Accounting functions. If you have general accounting experience and are looking for a part time role, we want to hear from you!
As a growing insurance brokerage in the mid-west, our client works as a partnership with clients to provide ideas and solutions customized to their specific needs. For 28 years, our client has been strengthened through private ownership, whereby brokers have a vested interest in assuring value-added services to each client. With a focus on a common vision of teamwork and dedication, a climate of high integrity is achieved!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of accounting functions, including account reconciliations, preparation of financial reporting, workpaper preparation and analysis.
- Prepares posting entries to specified accounts and journal entries
- Maintains general ledger by posting entries to specified accounts, preparing journal entries and creating accrual entries. Reconciles accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with the work order process, including adjusting inventory and maintaining expense related schedules.
- Assist with budgeting company & commission schedules
- Regularly review expenses with Leadership
- Supports external vendor interaction as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the accounting department.
- Reviews accounting processes and recommends changes or improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree relating to Accounting of Finance preferred
- Experience with Excel and QuickBooks; familiarity with Applied Tam preferred
- Insurance or financial services experience preferred
- Skill in reading, analyzing and interpreting accounting, statistical and financial data.
- Strong communications skills – written, verbal, and listening
- Excellent computer skills
- Decision making ability
- Great Attention to Detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.