Industry: Insurance Clerk
Job Number: 48354
HireLevel is seeking an Associate Actuary in Tempe, AZ.
Our client is a fortune 500 company who is a nation-wide leader in the healthcare services field and they pride themselves on their ability to provide a wide range of government sponsored healthcare programs; including a variety of insurance solutions. The Associate Actuary will perform day to day duties and conduct analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes. Manage health plan specific actuarial needs and produce actuarial reports to aid in developing corporate strategy.
Position: Direct Hire
Salary: Competitive with full benefit package included
Location: Tempe, AZ
Responsibilities of the Associate Actuary:
Requirements of the Associate Actuary:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all actuarial related activities for an assigned health plan
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes
- Developing probability tables based on analysis of statistical data and other pertinent information
- Research and analyze the impact from legislative changes
- Analyze and evaluate required premium rates
- Assess cash reserves and liabilities enable payment of future benefits
- Analyze various data reports, identify trends and gaps and recommend action
- Determine the equitable basis for distributing money for insurance benefits
- Create and update actuarial reports
- Participate in merger and acquisition analysis
- Education/Experience: Bachelor s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of actuarial experience.
- License/Certification: Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) (or equivalent international certification)
HireLevel is an equal opportunity employer.