HireLevel. is looking for Battery Technician Drivers in St. Louis, MO for our client in the Motive Power Industry who services all of Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois!
In the role of a Battery Technician Driver, you will take responsibility of a customer’s battery and charger fleet using our clients maintenance services program. The ideal candidate will posses a CDL with a hazmat endorsement to have an understanding of safelty transporting batteries, as well as being mechanically inclined and the ability to present well in front of a customer.
Job Type: Full Time, Temp to Hire
Location: St. Louis, MO
Compensation: $22-$26/hr based off experience
Hours: Monday - Friday || 7:30am - 4:30pm, with flexibility on start times
Responsibilities of a Battery Technician Driver:
- Evaluation of steel case industrial batteries requiring a hydrometer and voltmeter.
- Scheduled maintenance repairs on industrial batteries and chargers requiring gas torch, pressure washer, air compressor, generator, drill, hot plate, recirculation and neutralization system, and numerous supplies.
- Switching industrial batteries out of customer lift trucks by both side and overhead extraction to service.
- Complete regular safety training to ensure knowledge of safe actions and environments.
- Drive to and from customer locations in a fully equipped company vehicle, with occasional use of large box truck requiring a Class B CDL. driver’s license with Hazmat and Air-Brakes endorsements.
Requirements of a Battery Technician Driver:
- Possess a valid Class B CDL or driver experience & willingness to be trained.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make prioritization decisions on the fly.
- Water-resistant, steel-toed or composite safety boot with rubber, non-slip tread which covers the ankle.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors with physical environments that are subject to temperature extremes and other conditions associated with warehouse operations.
Preferred Experience of a Battery Technician Driver:
- Forklift Certified.
- AC & DC Electrical Knowledge/Training.
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work for at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com