Industry: Sales Support
Job Number: 48006
HireLevel is seeking a Billing and Collections Specialist for our client located in Alton, IL!
Job Title: Billing and Collections Specialist
Job Category: Full-time, Long- Term Contract with possible extension/Temp to Perm
Shift Times: Monday-Friday, 8: 00 AM - 4: 30 PM
Location: Alton, IL
Pay Rate: $14.25 per hour
Similar Positions: Business Development, Sales Manager, Sales Coordinator, Call Center Representatives, Customer Service Representatives
Job Duties of the Billing and Collections Specialist:
- Execute, analyze and take corrective action on a wide-range of daily, weekly and monthly Billing Control reports to ensure billing is accurate and on schedule for numerous 3rd party on-bill Billing Partnerships as well as off-bill paying customers.
- Identify & escalate disruption with daily transmission of inbound and outbound ITS Interface Files related to Enrollments, Cancellations, Adjusting Entries, ACH & Credit Card Processing.
- Identify discrepancies with individual transactions on daily Enrollment, Cancellation and Adjustment Interface Files utilizing thorough research and analysis. Identify resolution tactic and perform necessary actions to rectify the error.
- Process all Shut Off cancellations received from 3rd party Billing Partners.
- Collaborate with an extensive list of internal and external clients to resolve billing & payment discrepancies. Including but not limited to: Lockbox provider, ACH Payment Processing Vendor, multiple 3rd party Billing Partnerships, Credit Card Payment Processing Vendor, Claims Dept., Customer Service Dept., QA/Training Dept., Accounts Payable, Accounting, Marketing, ITS, Vendors, and Customers.
- Clarifies the needs of the customer, performs in-depth investigations, researches enrollment/billing/payment inquires, resolves or takes appropriate actions to escalate complex customer billing issues and inquiries, and provides a resolution and correspondence on Customers concerns. Accurately tracks and document customers contacts.
- Respond to 3rd party Billing Partner inquiries related to Enrollment/Cancellation/Adjustment concerns.
- Performs account set up maintenance to correct addresses, account # s, premise # s, names, billing frequency, payment methods, etc.
- Generates Enrollments, Cancellations, Refunds and Adjustments as needed to correct account set up or billing issues.
- Reconciling enrollment balances, creates adjustment entries and issues check refunds in ERP system.
- Researching billing/payment/adjustment exceptions within ERP system, correct missing/incorrect data and post the transactions to correct customer/enrollment.
- Works non-water bill, non-billing enrollments, making outbound calls to take payments and re-enroll customers.
- Validates 1x check refunds prior to AP check run.
- Verify several control reports to correct data in CRM affecting financial report and ERP enrollment balances.
Job Requirements of the Billing and Collections Specialist:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree or some college coursework preferred.
- 2 years of experience in billing, accounts receivables, accounts payable or accounting.
- Must have collections experience.
- Must possess strong computer applications skills and type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Working knowledge of applicable bankruptcy laws and regulations preferred.
- Must meet client s background and drug testing requirements.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.