Industry: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 48522
HireLevel is seeking a Boat Mechanic in the Golconda, IL area. Do you have small engine/marine mechanic experience? This may be the position for you!
Job Title: Marine Mechanic/Boat Engine Repair Technician
Job Type: Full-time, temp to hire, Compensation: $12-20/ hour pending experience
Location: Golconda, IL
- Diagnose and repair all types of marine engines, transmissions, drives, and generators.
- Use hand tools such as grinders, drills, saws, buffers, etc.
- Read, understand, and apply manufacturer instructions to trouble shoot and repair boats.
- Disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear or malfunctions.
- Replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems.
- Rewire ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, head lights, tail lights, and windshield wipers.
- Possesses excellent technical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of understanding as it relates to hydraulics, pneumatics and 24 volt systems.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Must provide proof of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate's degree in marine mechanics or related field preferred but not required.
- Provide excellent customer service in a variety of situations.
- Must meet requirements of background and drug screening policy.
- Must provide proof of valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record.