Industry: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 48906
Hirelevel is hiring for a Building Maintenance Worker in Fairfield, OH!
The General Maintenance Worker trouble shoots, repairs, installs, and performs preventative maintenance on systems within the facility and other buildings related to the contract by performing the following duties. This is not a journeyman position; however it requires minimal mechanical, plumbing, and electrical aptitudes to support the tradesmen.
Category: Full-time, Contract to Direct
Location: Fairfield, OH
Similar Positions: Maintenance Technician
Compensation of the Building Maintenance Worker:
Responsibilities of Building Maintenance Worker:
- Performs plumbing, corrective and preventive maintenance, using tools and equipment as required. Clean and unclogs sinks, toilets, and floor drains. Repairs sink faucets and toilet flushometers.
- Performs carpentry, corrective and preventive maintenance, in the following areas, using tools and equipment as required: repairing shelves and cabinets, replacing ceiling tiles, patching and painting drywall, repairing floor tiles, replace vinyl base molding, and minor repairs on doors.
- Assist journeymen with electrical maintenance on receptacles, light switches, portable tools, appliances, etc.
- Assist journeyman performing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance on air conditioning units, fans, air handlers, water heaters, converters, duct work and system controls.
- Request assistance from plumbers, painters, HVAC technicians, carpenters, plant operators, and electricians when necessary.
- Maintain all fire and smoke barriers by assuring all openings are sealed with the appropriate fire stop material.
- Maintain all rated fire and smoke doors in accordance with NFPA standards for gaps, latching, rate of closure, hold opens, door release, labeling, signs, and windows.
- Assist the journeymen with the pairs and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on pool systems.
- Assists the journeymen with the repairs and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on interior and exterior water fountains and waterfalls
- Assists journeymen with the repairs and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on the exterior irrigation system.
- Make rounds of mechanical rooms and documents readings and finding. Notifies their immediate supervisor of all issues.
- Escorts contractors and vendors within the facility.
- Be able to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Be able to read and understand manufacture s submittals and literature.
- Be able to specify and order material and replacement parts.
- Ensures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
- Complete Work Orders and Preventive Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively manage and respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work various schedules and shifts, including on-call.
Requirements of Building Maintenance Worker:
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a current drivers license
- Must have 1-3 years work related experience as a General Maintenance Worker in commercial and industrial applications.
- General knowledge of carpentry, drywall repair, basic electricity, painting, plumbing and HVAC.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to move/lift heavy objects, climb vertical ladders, work at heights and be proficient in the use of common hand and power tools.
- Must have PC skills/computer knowledge
- Must meet client's background and drug screening requirements