HireLevel is looking for a Business Analyst in Chicago, IL!
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of business system control tables and financial mapping tables which create journal entries used to interface underwriting results into the financial system for GAAP and Statutory reporting.
Job Category: Contract with potential for permanent
Contract Location: Chicago, IL
Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm or M-F, 9 am - 5:30 pm
Compensation: $30+ an hour, based on experience
Responsibilities for Business Analyst :
- Participate in the development and deployment of new client program migrations to the AIM business system and historical client program migrations from the legacy business system to the AIM business system.
- Create, maintain, test, and secure business system control tables and financial system interface mapping tables used to create journal entries for existing and new client program business results.
- Perform UAT when control tables, financial system interface tables, or programs are modified in the UDB and/or AIM.
- Participate in peer reviews of work done by peers in the Finance Business Systems team. Investigate, correct, and mitigate errors found in control or interface tables.
- Perform analysis on program results to provide support to finance team relative to business system and interface journal entries.
- Compile and maintain process and procedure documentation. Recommend and propose changes and improvements to existing procedures and processes to management.
- Compile exhibits used by IT to pull data for internal/external audit requests and reconcile the expected to actual results.
- Communicate status of assignments and projects to manager and TPA team members.
Requirements for Business Analyst :
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- 2-5 years accounting or finance experience
- Familiarity with insurance terminology
- Insurance accounting experience a plus
- Understanding of database theory
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/finance principals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must meet client drug screen and background requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.