Industry: Contract Administrator
Job Number: 48689
HireLevel is looking for a Buyer in Earth City, MO.
This position is with a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment and supplies. With an outstanding reputation for quality, their company has a broad portfolio of market leading products across a variety of categories.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Earth City, MO
Similar Positions: Procurement Officer, Supplier Relationship Manager, Category Buyer
Position OverviewAs a key part of the Operations team, the Buyer will be an integral part of daily purchasing activity and providing direct support to business functions including production control, quality and operations. Part of this role includes working with suppliers to establish best pricing and pursuing redundant suppliers to reduce supply chain risk. This individual will be responsible for requisitions and purchase order creation, building raw material management systems, maintaining inventory of critical components and ensuring there is no supply chain disruptions to interfere production scheduling demand.
Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Set up and maintain office systems including purchase order creation with domestic and international suppliers, multi department requisition generation
- Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation.
- Ensure timely and accurate order release of raw materials in accordance with production requirements.
- Produce inventory records and inventory count entry through verification of Kanban systems.
- Perform inventory cycle counts and enter adjustments as needed to ensure raw material count accuracy.
- Monitor supplier performance
- Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners.
- Work with suppliers/vendors to establish best supply chain practice and best pricing
- Handle correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to leadership and department team in a timely manner.
Requirements of the Buyer:
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 5+ years of related procurement experience including purchasing, inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationships, basics of Cost Accounting, and tracking invoice reconciliation
- Knowledge of MRP process
- Contract manufacturing experience beneficial
- Work experience in pharmaceutical or CL I medical device manufacturing environment beneficial
- Knowledge of import freight movement