Industry: Account Manager
Job Number: 45482
This global client has been around for over 50 years and is a leader in the electrical field. Currently, they are seeking a Buyer who has experience purchasing electronics; preferably items on a printed circuit board.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Highland, IL
Similar Positions: Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Associate, Procurement Representative
Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Review assigned commodities for material budget
- Recommend and maintain vendor relationships to meet corporate objectives
- Ensure all materials are available in inventory to ensure production needs are met
- Develop and discuss contracts/pricing with new vendors; make buying decisions
- Approve purchase orders to ensure compliance with requirements
- Find and discover manufacturers of specific products
- Maintain database and ensure all data is correct regarding supplier information, pricing, etc.
- Review market trends and analysis to ensure best practices are driven within your perspective commodities
Requirements of the Buyer:
- Bachelor s degree in Business or other related field and two years of buying experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Two or more years of experience as a Buyer, or related position, preferably in manufacturing.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Effective verbal, written, flexibility, decision-making, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MRP applications a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to travel as necessary.