Industry: Account Manager
Job Number: 47857
This global client has been around for over 50 years and is a leader in the electrical field. Currently, they are seeking a Buyer who has experience purchasing electronics; preferably items on a printed circuit board.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Highland, IL
Similar Positions: Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Associate, Procurement Representative
Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Review assigned commodities for material budget
- Recommend and maintain vendor relationships to meet corporate objectives
- Maintain inventory levels to ensure production needs are met
- Develop and discuss contracts/pricing with new vendors
- Approve purchase orders to ensure compliance with requirements
- Locate manufacturers of specific products
- Maintain database and ensure all data is correct regarding supplier information, pricing, etc.
- Review market trends and analysis to ensure best practices are driven within your perspective commodities
- Ensure purchase orders are issued to cover requirements for assigned products, goods, and services
- Review and coordinate suppliers on-time delivery performance, quality, cost reductions, inventory turns, and multiple sourcing
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing activities to meet department objectives.
- Actively participate in companywide project management teams as assigned
Requirements of the Buyer:
- Bachelor s degree in Business or other related field and two years of buying experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Knowledge of MRP applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to travel as necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer.