HireLevel is seeking CNC Machinists in the Alton, IL area.
With over 40 employees, our client offers more than 2 centuries of combined experience in the full-service machining industry. Because of their versatility, they can be a one-stop source for all machining, fabricating, grinding, and welding requirements.
If you’re a team player who wants to work for a privately-owned company that rewards employees with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn, then consider a career with our client.
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Job Type: Contract
Location: Alton, IL
Salary: $23 - $33/hr.
Similar Positions: CNC Programming, Machine Operator, CNC Operator
Benefits once hired include:
- Employer paid life insurance premiums
- 401(K) plans with 5% company match program
- Profit sharing program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
This position requires a good work ethic and a willingness to learn. CNC Machinist is primarily responsible for the set up and operation of CNC production equipment using standard concepts, practices, and procedures. They are also responsible for programming modifications to ensure that productivity and quality goals are achieved. They should be able to work well with others to ensure that production schedules are met.
Responsibilities of CNC Machinist:
- Perform set ups and operate CNC equipment including turning, milling, grinding, drilling, tapping, and honing efficiently and safely.
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously when needed.
- Able to adjust and calculate machine speeds, depths, and feed ratios.
- Set up and operate various inspection instruments as required.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Responsible for performing routine operational checks and repair work on machinery.
- Complete and understand documentation needed to comply with company policies, quality manual and procedures.
- Simple maintenance as required.
- Clean work area as needed.
Requirements for CNC Machinist:
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical or vocational certifications preferred but not required.
- 5 years of machining experience.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints, measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, scales, indicators, and SPC equipment) and knowledge of tool identification.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds occasionally.
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work for at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal-opportunity employer.