Industry: General Labor
Job Number: 48715
HireLevel is looking for CNC Operator in the Westfield, IN area!
This is a growing company with great benefits and a great culture.
Job Category: Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire
Location: Westfield, IN
What is unique about the client: 3 day weekend EVERY week, 90 days temp-to-hire
Company Culture: Family oriented, great safety program
Shift: 1st shift 10 hour shifts M-Th 6: 00 AM-4: 30PM
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Similar Positions: assembler, machine tool operator, production
Additional Responsibilities of the CNC Operator:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Requirements of the CNC Operator:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience unloading and loading production
- Read and interpret Porter build schedules to accurately plan work cell production
- Basic math and reading ability
- Strong attention to detail and ability to fill orders accurately
- Effective communication skills- Ability to work as a team member
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Current and valid driver's license to fill in for inventory
- Must be able to work in cold and hot temperatures
- Maintenance skills are a plus
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.