Industry: Equipment Operator
Job Number: 46520
HireLevel powered by Extra Help is looking for a Cell Operator I (Superabrasive) located in Maplewood, MO!
If you are passionate about delivering excellence, and think you are a great fit with our organization, we'd love to hear from you. Our team is committed to providing our customers with the innovative products and service support they need to succeed in today's dynamic market. This position rotates through the plant operating designated equipment in established production cells and/or other departments as assigned. Work from routing tags and instructions to perform a variety of secondary operations, including but not limited to, the assembly, washing, grinding, timesaving, inspection, sorting and packing of component parts produced in accordance with prescribed company quality standards and internal and/or customer specifications.
Job Category: Full-Time
Shifts: all shifts available
Location: Maplewood, MO
Similar Positions: Machine Operator, CNC, Production Operator, Shipping and Receiving, Picking and Packing
Additional Responsibilities of Cell Operator I (Superabrasive):
- Perform a variety of assembly operations involving adhering, hooking, snapping in place, as well as stuffing and filling components parts and inspect for proper fit and zero defects.
- Unload parts from baskets and/or totes onto worktable; visually inspect for proper form, surface defects, slug marks and/or foreign material.
- Perform various manual machine operations on a single stroke punch press, trim press, pneumatic press, spring grinder, resistance welder, timesaver, and parts washing machine, etc. As assigned.
- Operate a variety of kick and hydraulic presses to stake, punch, insert screws and/or form component parts.
- Operate spring looping machine and position parts properly in machine fixture, activate press and visually check springs for defects; may use gauges for measurement.
- Pack items, stack in cartons, apply labels (unless otherwise specified), and place cartons on skid.
- Sort and rework parts as required and in accordance with established department procedures.
- Operate various automated conveyor belt and machines while grinding, washing and/or timesaving parts; operations may include inspection and packing.
- Meet company requirements for continuous improvement process goals.
- May participate on process improvement teams and activities for cost reduction, product flow, or Kaizen events, as requested.
- Examine produced parts for visual defects; may use quality assurance measuring tools on parts handled or processed to ensure adherence to quality compliance requirements.
- Properly and safely use all manual machines and hand tools.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition; follow all company safety policies and rules.
- Notify supervisor of unusual material or equipment problems.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
Job Requirements of Cell Operator I (Superabrasive):
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to use and read precision measuring instruments
- Demonstrate ability to understand and organize technical data for communications and analysis.
- Ability to work with close tolerances of .002- .005
- Must have steel toed boots.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must meet client background and drug test requirements.
- Must have general understanding of numbers
- Annual training in hazardous waste materials/transport will be performed in accordance with DOT, RCRA, EPA and OSHA.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment with challenging customer demands.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and in a team environment to meet the goals and objections of the company.
Compensation of Cell Operator I (Superabrasive):
$12- $15 hr
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.