HireLevel is hiring for a Cherry Picker in Kansas City, MO!
Job Category: Contract, Long Term
Location: Kansas City, MO
Shift: 12 pm - 10 pm
Similar Positions: Production Worker, Packaging, Warehouse Associate, Shipping and Receiving, Cherry Picker, Material Handler
Compensation: $13.50 an hour
Responsibilities of the Cherry Picker:
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities.
- Assures that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies. Collects all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents including receiving paperwork are filed appropriately.
- Pick orders to be shipped as needed, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping and examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Scheduled inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Identified back orders and places merchandise in designated holding area for expedited handling.
- Identifies back orders and places merchandise in designated holding area for expedited handling.
- Receives UPS orders and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
- Verifies (recounts) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise.
- Utilize material warehouse management system to ascertain catalog number, size, color, and quantity of merchandise to be picked from bins, shelves, or locations.
- Picks customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Utilize material handling equipment, safely and efficiently, to transport product to shipping locations or delivery platforms and ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
- Organize items of pallet by hospital unit as necessary and repacks and weigh orders which require special handling. Maintains warehouse equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction and connecting battery to recharging station at the end of shift.
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
Requirements of the Cherry Picker:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- 6 months experience on a Cherry Picker
- Must have a good attention to detail.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must meet client’s background and drug screening requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.