HireLevel is looking for a Community Connector in Chicago, IL!
Our client is a fortune 100 company who is a nation-wide leader in the healthcare services field and they pride themselves on their ability to provide a wide range of government sponsored healthcare programs; including a variety of insurance solutions. This position is a field-based position which involves conducting home visits to the homes of the client’s members.
Job Category: Full-time, Contract to Hire
Shift: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Responsibilities of the Community Connector:
- Home visits are conducted daily, typically home visits are from 8:00am – 1:30pm, but they can also be scheduled later in the afternoon. Some home visits will be prescheduled during the 8am hour timeframe.
- Gather information about the member’s health and complete a brief health screening as well as other screenings related to pregnancy or postpartum, if necessary.
- Assist by locating a PCP or other specialists if needed and resolve any issues that arise.
- Assess for community resource needs such as food pantries, housing, LIHEAP, WIC, SNAP benefits.
- Create a detailed summary of the visit is entered into the member’s file including documentation of any assessments completed and documents obtained are entered into the member’s file.
- Before the end of the business day, the Community Connector will set up their calendar for the following day.
- After experience with home visits as described above, Community Connectors will receive training and shadowing opportunities for coaching tasks.
- Coaching programs include readmission prevention, emergency department diversion, hypertension, and pregnancy.
Requirements of the Community Connector:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Must have access to an automobile, and is ready to travel anytime within the 8:00am-4:30pm workday window.
- A private home office is required – free from distractions where member PHI can be locked and privately stored until shredded.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to keep up with this fast-paced position.
- Strong navigation skills.
- Genuine caring and concern for vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of health conditions is beneficial
- Must be able to attend 2-3 weeks of basic training in Westmont.
- Following basic training, there will be 2 additional weeks of precepting (shadowing) with a well-established worker, where the candidate will accompany the preceptor to home visits.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to observe visits, and conduct visits with preceptor assistance and guidance.
- A preceptor or Supervisor may also work in the candidate’s home office during training or monitoring.
- Must be able to meet client’s background and drug testing requirements.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.