Industry: Business Analyst
Job Number: 47898
HireLevel is looking for a Compensation Analyst for our client in North Chicago, IL.
Our client is an international healthcare manufacturer and research firm with a rich 125+ year history.
Our client is looking for a Compensation Analyst in their HR department to be responsible for the administration, support and delivery of global compensation programs that are aimed at attracting and retaining talent. The analyst will work with recruiters and other HR professionals to help develop compensation plans and ensure that employees are getting fair pay and benefits for their work.
Job Type: Full-time; Contract (possibility of extension)
Job Title: Compensation Analyst
Location: North Chicago, Lake County, IL
Shift Hours: Monday - Friday; 8: 00 AM - 4: 30 PM
Similar Positions: Compensation, Benefits, HR Generalist, HR Payroll
Job Duties for the Compensation Analyst:
- Provides recommendations on various pay actions (external offers, promotions, equities, bonus buyouts, etc) utilizing survey sources, market references, internal equity, and other data as appropriate.
- Completes salary survey submissions and utilizes results for the development of start rates, site wage proposals, salary structures and equity studies.
- Administers the job description process.
- Supports the global administration and communication of annual compensation programs including merit increases, short-term incentive plans, and long-term incentive plans.
- Performs various data audits. Contributes to the roll out and ongoing administration of new and existing compensation programs.
- Provides input to enhance existing processes or to establish processes for new programs.
- Collaborates with OUS Service Centers to complete work.
- Strong project management experience.
- Ability to document processes and train less experienced team members Project Management Experience:
- Propose contingency plans to anticipate and respond to unforeseen events.
- Accountable for a successful completion of project tasks on time.
- Evaluates the impact of project changes and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Notifies management of any downstream impacts.
- Initiates and cultivates open, honest, and beneficial relationships with colleagues and customers by serving with care, compassion and confidence. Establish rapport, develop an understanding of others' needs, and follow through on commitments.
- Faces conflicts and takes initiative to resolve them constructively. Uses judgement to determine when it is necessary to escalate to management.
- Delegates tasks or projects to the team, while providing direction and working effectively as a member or as a leader.
- Cultural awareness including delivering communications across multiple time zones.
- Tailoring communications to the needs of the receiver
Job Requirements for the Compensation Analyst:
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards! If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor s degree required
- 3-6 years of previous experience in a compensation analyst role
- Must have compensation, project management, AND HR experience
- Strong excel skills are required - pivot tables, vlookups, if/then statements
- Some experience in basic compensation functions
- Experience leading small to medium projects
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various internal customers to resolve critical data issues
- Ability to pass client's drug screen and background requirements