HireLevel is hiring for a Test Engineer for a client in Carmel, Indiana to develop electromechanical test systems for electric motors, starters, alternators, pumps, rotating power, etc.
This company has been around for more than 50 years and provides custom test systems and engineering services to a variety of industries. Basically, their main goal is to simplify the life of the testing engineering customers they serve. They do this by building a strong, efficient process that has been proven to succeed.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Carmel, IN
Similar Positions: Design Engineer, Test Engineering Manager, R & D Engineer
Responsibilities of the Test Engineer:
- Be involved in the complete system development cycle from quoting to design to system build and check-out to delivery and post launch support
- Deliver project status to client and company management team members
- Analyze electronic, power, and rotational mechanical test requirements
- Troubleshoot test requirements
- Assist with the development of component specifications and hardware systems
- Assist with program management; including fabrication and delivery/installation
- Rotate electric machines, power electronics, and control software
- Assist with sensor selection and integration for measurements; including speed, actuator, force, deflection, temperature, vibration, noise, torque, etc.
- Assist with control panel cabinet and panel design
Requirements of the Test Engineer:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering Technology)
- Must have 5+ years of rotating electrical testing experience or related experience
- Must have hardware design experience, functional test development experience, test strategy development, and test fixturing design
- PXI, cRIO, and cDAQ experience (NI LabVIEW, TestStand, C, C++, C#, programming experience preferred)
- Manufacturing or design verification experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on full-time basis
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards! If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employee.