Job Number: 46787
HireLevel powered by Extra Help is hiring for Credit Specialists I & II in Maplewood, MO!
Job Category: Contract to Direct
Shift: Monday Friday, 7: 30am-4: 30pm
Pay Rate: $17-$27 an hour DOE
Similar Positions: Credit Specialists, Collections, Accounts payables and receivables, Billing
Job Responsibilities of the Credit Specialists I & II:
- Review customer accounts and release orders.
- Complete credit request inquiries.
- Follow up on past due accounts.
- Respond to customer inquiries on their account; approve and set limits for new customers.
- Collect data to gain credit information on new customers.
- Respond to other departments regarding credit inquiries.
- Complete paperwork for UCC regulations, to include filing paperwork with Secretary of State, filing amendments, continuations and terminations and process checks.
- Review bankruptcy notes from courts and maintain records regarding bankrupt companies using spreadsheet applications
- Determine what accounts need to go to collection and what accounts need to be repossessed.
- Functions as main liaison with export distributors.
- Coordinate machine sales.
- Communicate misapplications of customer payments and resolve problems as needed.
- Process paperwork for transfer and assumption of equipment.
- Respond to sales representatives inquiries via telephone.
- Process international customer statements.
- Determine where merchandise should be distributed internally based on type of return and department needs.
- Report problems to appropriate personnel such as Chief Financial Officer, Sales Managers, and salesmen; keep personnel informed and communicate problems and new account information.
- Consolidate commission reports.
- Apply payments for wires for all customers.
- Recommend changes in systems and procedures to increase operating efficiency.
- Train and instruct new office or field sales personnel in credit procedures.
- Coordinate machine orders with leasing companies.
- Coordinate government orders with customer service and submit invoice via internet.
- Fill in as backup to other team members.
Job Requirements of the Credit Specialists I & II:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 5 years of College or equivalent experience.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with others.
- Must meet client s background, credit, and drug screening requirements.