HireLevel is seeking a Culinary Worker in Edwardsville, IL
Job Title: Culinary II
Job Type: Contract
Shift: General Kitchen Tues-Fri: 12pm-8pm | Sat: 9am-7pm
Chic Fila-Mon-Thurs: 12pm-8pm | 11:30am-7:30pm
Salad Bar Mon-Thurs: 12:30pm-8:30pm | Sun: 9:30am-5:30pm
Grab & Go Mon-Thurs: 11:30am-7:30pm | Sun: 10:30am-6:30pm
Similar Positions: Kitchen Worker, food prep
Responsibilities of Culinary Worker:
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of food items, including such tasks as cleaning, dicing, and peeling vegetables, and weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- Performs simple cooking, grilling, and food preparation, such as boiling eggs, making toast, and making coffee; preparing/cooking short order items such as hot cereals, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc; grilling for hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc; and assisting in mixing, kneading, panning, and baking bread, pastries, etc.
- Prepares and assists in serving food as required. Portions, serves, and wraps the food, or places it directly on plates for service to patrons, other duties such as cutting pies or sandwiches and making sodas and filling beverage or ice dispensers.
- Placing food trays over food warmers for immediate service or stores them in refrigerated storage cabinets. Cleans and sanitizes work areas, counters, tables, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware. Stores food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- May oversee and train student assistants and/or assigned personnel as required. May participate in planning menus, overseeing, and/or training staff/students on simple operations.
- Make minor adjustments to equipment in service area; reports equipment failures to the designated supervisor, maintains equipment and supplies needed in service area. Completes and maintains basic record keeping functions.
Requirements for Culinary Worker:
- Six months of experience in food preparation in a commercial setting.
- Knowledge of food terms, materials, equipment, and methods used to prepare food.
- Knowledge of materials and methods used to prepare food on large scale, use and care of relevant utensils and equipment, and food values and nutrition.
- Knowledge of weights and measurements (i.e. pound, ounce, cup, gallon).
- Ability to pass food handler's examination.
- Strong service orientation, actively looking for ways to help people.
- Knowledge of sanitary procedures and directives; how to use simple cleaning solutions and equipment.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Detail oriented and thorough in completing work tasks.
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.