Industry: General Labor
Job Number: 45555
HireLevel is looking for a Direct Support Personnel for a client in Murphysboro, IL!
Do you want to be part of a dynamic organization that allows for you to work independently while being part of a team? Our Client is looking for candidates that love helping people with high and low functioning disabilities, who has the ability to work with little to no supervision
Job Category: Part Time
Hours: Varies depending on availability
What is unique about the client: they just celebrated their 50th Anniversary
Company Culture: fun, helpful, caring, devoted
Similar Positions: Home Care Aide, Home Health, CNA, DSP
Compensation of Direct Support Personnel: $8.75 hour
Responsibilities of Direct Support Personnel:
- Treat individuals served, families, co-workers, other providers, state officials, and others with respect, courtesy and tact.
- Instructs and assists residents in establishing their daily self care routines such as bathing and dressing, etc. May provide training assistance and prompts in daily self-care practices.
- In conjunction with residents and House Manager, assists in developing household schedules and budgets, monitors as needed.
- Assists residents in maintaining scheduled to perform safety drills, housekeeping, laundry, etc. May provide prompts as necessary. Provides daily case notes to House Manager as required. Must see to the cleanliness of homes using common household cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Engages residents in conversation to reinforce positive behaviors and to promote social interaction both with their house mates and in the community. Is aware of resident=s individualized plan and effects of that plan.
- Distributes client daily/weekly personal allowances and household funds. Financial documentation of residents= funds as required. Accompanies residents on shopping trips and instructs and counsels residents in purchase of personal items.- Assists residents with grocery shopping, preparation and serving meals. Provides training and supervision as necessary. Eats meals with residents to act as role model.
- Provides assistance in therapeutic activities, such as physical exercises, occupational arts and crafts, recreation games, as chosen by residents. Encourages community integration and inclusion.
- Guides residents to minimize disruptive behaviors to prevent injury to themselves and others by following the individual=s approved behavior plan.
- Report any resident incident, behavior, or injury as required.
- In conjunction with Residential House Manager, observes and documents residents= behaviors, to facilitate assessment and development of treatment goals.
- Provides daily/weekly/monthly reports to House Manager as required.- Provides transportation services to individuals when required. Must be capable of transferring individuals safely in/out of vehicles and safely operate the vehicle=s adaptive equipment.
- Instructs residents in safe operation of appliances and emergency evacuation of the building.
- Assists residents in completing their own routine health care, including medication administration/monitoring as prescribed by a physical, and monitored by an LPN/RN. Provides emergency and first aid procedures as necessary. Assists with running medical appointments and must pass competency based training to be authorized to pass medication.
- Report building and grounds maintenance concerns to Residential Coordinator. Must be capable of performing routine maintenance in the home.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Be a stable, responsible, mature individual who has the capacity to work in a team environment.
Job Requirements of Direct Support Personnel:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree GED; plus three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass the Test of Adult Basic Education, Direct Service Person training Medication Administrating as required by IDHS.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Illinois Drivers License, auto insurance, and availability of automobile to provide some transportation of residents. Acceptable police background check per state regulations required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.