Industry: Certified Nursing Assistant
Job Number: 49527
HireLevel is looking for a Direct Support Worker for our client located in Marion, IL. Do you want to be part of a dynamic organization that allows for you to work independently while being part of a team? The ideal candidate will have experience with helping individuals with their everyday daily needs, who has the ability to work with little to no supervision
Job Category: Full-Time
Hours: Saturday and Sunday 7: 00am - 7: 00pm / Monday thru Friday 3: 00pm - 11: 30pm
What is unique about the client: nursing home environment
Similar Positions: Home Health, DSP, Personal Care, Residential Aide
Compensation of Direct Support Worker: $9.00
Responsibilities of Direct Support Worker:
- Empathy: Clients are frail, impaired, in pain and need help. Being sympathetic to their needs and understanding is necessary.
- Attention to Detail: Some clients have specific rules or schedules that must be minded, or specific dietary or physical rules that must be followed.
- Interpersonal Skills: Personal care assistants work in a very personal way with their clients. Some will be in pain or very sensitive to their fragility. They must be sensitive and compassionate with clients.
- Stamina: Personal care assistants might need to lift clients into the bathtub, cars and into bed, and need strength.
- Time Management: Personal care assistants are schedule keepers. They have to be there to make sure clients get up on time, make sure medication is taken on schedule and clients get to appointments on time.
- Tasks include: helping patients with daily activities, serving meals, performing light housekeeping duties, running errands, and providing companionship.
Requirements of Direct Support Worker:
- Meet background and drug screening requirements
- Must be DSW certified
- Must have valid driver's license and transportation
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
- If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
- We are an equal opportunity employer