Industry: General Labor
Job Number: 48979
HireLevel is looking for a Dispatcher for our client located in Rosenberg, TX!
Are you interested in working for a large beverage manufacturing and distribution channel with a global brand? If so, our ideal candidate will have worked in a warehouse or manufacturing environment in the past. We'd love to hear from you!
The Dispatcher is responsible for the development and execution of daily logistical duties including ensuring execution of the Traffic Center schedule. The position requires high levels of customer service, and outstanding and effective communication and planning are a key function of this role. The dispatcher will also work very closely with OTR/GES Drivers, Sales, HQ, Peers, Warehouse/GES, and Local Management. Strong multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment are a must.
Job Title: Dispatcher
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Shift Times: Tuesday Saturday 11 pm 7 am
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Similar Positions: Customer Service, Administrative Support, Dispatch
Job Responsibilities of Dispatcher:
- Answering incoming calls in a professional manner.
- Perform general administrative support work such as running reports, copying, filing, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Coordinate the delivery of loads tendered to Common Carriers, Local Carriers, Company Fleet, and GES.
- Maintain the Dispatch Tracker (Dispatch timeliness, On-Time Delivery, Return Timeliness, Tractors that need PM Service, changes made to runs, etc.).
- Tender/Award loads to drivers based on their bids and seniority. Assign loads/trips as necessary to cover all runs on the board and ensure seamless communication throughout the Supply Chain and to Sales.
- Resolves dispatch issues driven by order changes, ship dates delays or driver availability.
Job Requirements of Dispatcher:
- Understanding of transportation operations.
- Understand and communicate DOT Hours of Service (8 day/70-hour rule, 11-hour rule, 14-hour rule).
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, independence and initiative, and reliability attributes.
- Strong training skills and the ability to work with deadlines, work under pressure, and be flexible.
- Capable of prioritizing and completing multiple tasks. Demonstrates a positive and winning attitude.
- Show strong attention to detail and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt to changes and develop/implement best practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of customer service.
- High school diploma or GED.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.