Industry: Operations Manager
Job Number: 48940
HireLevel is looking for a Distribution Center Supervisor in Greenwood, IN!
Do you want to be part of a team that views you as their greatest asset? A family-owned and operated company since 1945, they are dedicated to hiring and developing the best people in the industry. If you have a customer-centric focus and drive to go above and beyond for the customer in every interaction, they are looking for you.
Job Category: Full-time, Direct Hire
Location: Greenwood, IN
Shift: Monday - Friday | 8am - 5pm
What is unique about the client: Worldwide company that is family owned, willing to help you grow and gain experience
Company Culture: Excellent health care benefits and 401K; Great work-life balance
Similar Positions: operations supervisor, warehouse manager
Compensation of Distribution Center Supervisor: Negotiable
Responsibilities of Distribution Center Supervisor:
- Monitor staff levels to ensure flow of merchandise through the department to meet deadlines
- Ensure flow of merchandise within department to maximize throughput and productivity
- Coordinate the daily processing of department under his/her direct report
- Monitor budget and payroll information of departments (Earned/Burned report)
- Identify, coach, train and promote associate with supervisor potential
- Evaluate and discuss each direct reports job performance using objectives set at mid-year and year-end review
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to direct reports
- Maintain associate records (time statements, PA s, PTO and attendance tracking, etc.)
- Keep open lines of communication to associates
- Contribute cost saving ideas on a continuous basis
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by Manager/Director
Requirements of Distribution Center Supervisor:
- A two-year or four-year College Degree in management, business administration or related study, or two to five years of related field experience
- Must have prior supervisory experience in a Distribution Center environment
- Prior experience with the implementation of a new WMS preferred
- Knowledge of Distribution operations (material handling equipment) and merchandise flow
- Strong leadership abilities
- Good communication skills both verbally and written including the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong coaching and administrative skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize work based on delivery schedule
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access) WMS, and SAP or some other payroll/HR system
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.