Job Number: 48760
HireLevel is looking for Engineering Technicians with our client in Milwaukee, WI. This company is a multinational corporation that produces automotive parts such as batteries, and electronics and HVAC equipment for buildings.
Job Category: Full-Time, 6-month Contract
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Compensation: $34.00 an hour
Similar Positions: Technician, Maintenance, Analysis, Electrical Engineer
Additional Responsibilities of Engineering Technician:
- Analyzes, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs new or existing hardware, software, or manufacturing designs or processes
- Constructs assemblies, tests circuits, wire harnesses, or tests fixtures
- Collects and records accurate test or process data for use in problem analysis, product verification, process verification and engineering or manufacturing estimates
- Assists engineers in analysis of test or process data
- Assists in developing and documenting engineering procedures and preparing of charts, graphs, and reports to future referral of information
- Assists engineers to design, develop valuate, qualify and improve products, software programs, or processes
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, proper working condition
- Writes software programs for test setups or for general engineering support, using product configuration and programming tools
- Teaches component or product function, application, test and troubleshooting methods to others
- Direct outside vendors to obtain information, parts, or equipment and to implement corrective action
- Designs test circuits, loads, interfaces, and/or fixtures to aid in product analysis, manufacturing, or test and/or designs software tests and approaches to test
- Provides useful product or process ideas to assist engineers in design, development, manufacturing, reliability improvement, or cost reduction
Job Requirements of Engineering Technician:
- Associate Degree or equivalent military or formal training in area of involvement
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the technical field
- Advanced skills, additional education and exceptional performance may alter this requirement
- Able to apply fundamental engineering theories, mathematics, mechanics, and physical science concepts to the job
- Preferred experience in the fields of electrical (120/230Vac), electronic, mechatronics, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical testing
- Preferred experience testing systems with DC brush and brushless motors
- Preferred experience testing with a variety of environmental and electrical factors
- Preferred experience testing for regulatory compliance of UL, CE, and other global standards
- Desired experience with LabVIEW
- Preferred experience with SMT soldering
- Ability to proficiently use the tools or materials required to perform typical assigned duties in areas of hardware, software, and manufacturing
- Able to work weekend and adjust work hours on projects in need.
- Must be able to meet client s background check and drug testing requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.