HireLevel is looking for Machine Operator in Brentwood, MO!
Job Category: Contract to Direct, Full-Time
Location: O’Fallon, MO
Shift: 6:00am- 4:30pm or 12pm- 10pm Monday- Thursday (Full-time)
Salary: $16+ DOE
Similar Positions: Hydromat, Machine Operator, CNC, Metal Fabrication, Mechanical Assembler
Responsibilities of Machine Operator:
- Set up and operate any and all departmental equipment, to recondition standard tooling and/or make/modify special tools
- Set up and operate grinding machines to grind metal work pieces such as , parts and tools
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.Inspect, feel, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
- Perform basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
- Dress grinding wheels, according to specifications.
- Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Remove and replace worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools.File or hone surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed hand tools.
- Turn valves to direct flow of coolant against cutting wheels and work pieces during grinding.
- Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts.
- Inspect Tools to detect defects, assess wear, and verify specifications, using micrometers, and loupes.
- Program CNC Walters Grinders
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors, problems or defects
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Perform work requiring invention, imagination, originality or talent in a recognized field of artistic or create endeavors
Requirements of Machine Operator:
- Fully competent with reading blue prints
- Use of inspection equipment (precise measuring tools)
- Follow written and verbal instruction
- Minimum 1-2 years of Machine Operator experience required
- Must have steel toed shoes
- Reliable transportation
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to meet client’s background and drug test requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.
We are an equal opportunity employer.