HireLevel is looking for a Machine Shop Operator located in Brentwood, MO to work in a shop setting!
This position is responsible for performing duties required to ensure successful completion of the shift’s work schedule in terms of quality, quantity and productivity. Make or oversee the making of setups and programs required to perform scheduled machine operation making sure established procedures are followed. Work from daily production schedule, dispatch plan, shop orders and verbal instructions.
Shifts: All Shifts Available
Location: Brentwood, MO
Similar Positions: Shop Machinist, Electro mechanical Assembler, Electrical Technician, Assembler, Machine Operator, CNC, Production Operator
Compensation of Machine Shop Operator: $16- $21 hr
Responsibilities of Machine Shop Operator:
- Must have Shop Machinist experience
- Obtain and review work order and part print to determine machine setup, production methods and sequence of operation as well as materials and tools required.
- Load program into computer; write new programs or make necessary adjustments to existing programs based on calculations from work order or blueprint.
- Select, position, and secure dies, tooling, and fixtures onto machine using ruler, square, shims, templates, hand tools, and built-in-gauges.
- Adjust controls to set and regulate machining factors, such as RPMs, wire speed, pressure, side rails, progression, depth of ram stroke, adjustment rolls, chuck, jaws, machine feeds and speeds, gearing and pins according to type of material used and written guidelines.
- Prove out setups and produce a pilot work piece and verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using measuring instruments, such as appropriate gauges, test fixtures, calipers and micrometers; make necessary adjustments.
- Operate machinery and inspect parts to insure parts being produced retain tolerance, squareness, concentrically, parallelism and finish; move materials as necessary in the performance of duties.
- Troubleshoot production problems to include adjusting and replacing dull or damaged tooling and fixtures.
- Assist and train other machine operators with set-ups, troubleshooting, and inspection of parts to insure that operators produce quality parts.
- Perform preventive maintenance to maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment.
- Complete paperwork regarding production time, inventory, and location of parts and enter into database system using personal computer.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
Requirements of Machine Shop Operator:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints 5 yrs experience in a shop is preferred
- Ability to use and read precision measuring instruments
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Must meet client background and drug test requirements
- Must have general understanding of numbers
- Annual training in hazardous waste materials/transport will be performed in accordance with DOT, RCRA, EPA and OSHA.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.