Industry: General Labor
Job Number: 46966
HireLevel is seeking a Field Research Assistant in Creve Coeur, MO!
This agriculture company has been around since 2002 providing strategic research focused on improving farmer livelihoods and increasing profitability through yield enhancements. Currently, they are seeking a Field Research Assistant to serve as a key member of the local technology department to generate high quality product data for customers.
As part of your work experience you will be given one project to lead. At the completion of your assignment you will be asked to present an update on this project and what you learned.
Position: Long-term contract
Location: Creve Coeur, MO
Shift: 1st shift; 8 hours per day
Similar positions: Field Worker, Quality Inspector
Responsibilities of the Field Assistant:
- Assist with Pre-planting, which includes seed preparation, product delivery, field preparation, plot skating, and regulatory compliance
- Collect data for each plot inspected
- Assist with plot maintenance, which includes mowing, hand weeding, spraying border areas, and signage
- Participate in plot tours, field trainings and field days
- Assist and support all harvest activities in the region
- Assist with preventative maintenance and repair of equipment
- Haul equipment using the company vehicle and trailer
- Safety: comply with all OSHA safety requirements
- Pre-Planting thru Harvest: assist with sample preparation, sample collection, sample shipping & handling, planting, spraying, and harvest.
- Data Collection: assist with required data collection
- Activities: Soil sampling, tissue sampling, stand counts, field scouting and potentially help out with summer field days
- Collaborate & Partner with the Climate Research Farm Managers
- Ability to travel to various locations to assist on other projects where needed, which may include overnight stays (up to 25% travel potential)
Requirements of the Field Assistant:
- High School Diploma or GED; College degree preferred
- Prior agriculture experience or field research preferred
- Familiarity with iOS & Windows Operating Systems/ basic computer skills
- Pesticide certification preferred
- Must have a valid driver s license
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. And work in a hot environment
- Ability to meet all background and drug screen requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch. We are an equal opportunity employer.