Industry: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 48330
HireLevel is hiring for an experienced Field Service Technician in Chesterfield, MO!
The Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining process control strategies, utilizing the continuous and batch capabilities of
the given control system as well as selection, specification, troubleshooting, and calibration of measurement and control devices. This
position requires attention to detail often working directly with the customer, utilizing a hands-on approach.
Category: Full-time, Contract to Direct
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Similar Positions: Assembly, Mechanical and electrical maintenance, Shipping and Receiving, Valve Technician, Supervision
Compensation of the Field Service Technician:
Responsibilities of Field Service Technician:
- Maintain control system designs and documentation
- Deliver quality solutions and services to customers and industries
- Perform Operator and Maintenance training
- Perform process control equipment installation and startup
- Perform system upgrades and preventative maintenance activities
- Travel to customer facilities
- Deliver complete and accurate work based on due dates
- Collaborate with the team to use their best ideas and input for success
- Work with and influence Operations to insure our deliverables meet technical requirements
- Other job duties as assigned
Requirements of Field Service Technician:
- Minimum of a Technical Degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Electronics, or Industrial Technology
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude, be able to comprehend and interpret technical literature, and be computer
- literate with strong keyboarding skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- General knowledge and understanding of manufacturing or process control systems.
- Able to read and interpret P&IDs, electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical schematics.
- DeltaV application and configuration
- Instrumentation, field devices, and equipment troubleshooting, commissioning, and calibration
- Proficiency at interfacing with third-party devices using serial, bus and wireless interfaces (e.G. Modbus, DH+, Foundation Fieldbus, AS-i, Profibus and DeviceNet)
- Manufacturing and Process control operations experience
- Understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, temperature, pressure, flow, and mechanical dynamics
- Proficiency with Microsoft operating systems administration
- DCS system and/or PLC design and development
- Instrument specifications and application design
- Bus network design, troubleshooting, and installation
- Technical design and application of sensors, actuators, controllers, and drives
- Power system application and distribution up to 480v
- Low voltage control system design and application
- Valid Driver's License and Reliable Transportation
- Must meet requirements for background and drug testing policies