HireLevel is seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst for a law firm located in St. Louis, MO. Under the direction of the Firm’s Manager of Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting Analyst will analyze financial pricing data to improve the Firm’s profitability and make recommendations to the Business Office, Partners and Executive Leadership. If you have at least two years’ experience working in a law firm, a strong background in data analysis, math or finance and a bachelor’s degree in an applicable field then we want to hear from you!
Our client is a top quality and well-respected law firm that has diverse areas of concentration, ranging from corporate and tax counseling to all types of litigation. With offices in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Southern Illinois, and Washington, D.C. their clients have access to a depth of great experience. They are also recognized as a civic leader in the St. Louis metropolitan area and support many charitable endeavors!
- Pay: $65,000-$75,000
- Flexible Hybrid Work Schedule
- 401(k) matching
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Paid time off/vacation plus Holidays
- Parental leave
- Employee Wellness Program
- Flexible health spending account
- Employee Assistance Program
- ID Theft Protection
- Charitable Giving and Paid Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes various fee and pricing options for existing and prospective clients, and models them for profitability
- Understands and summarizes financial information on past client work and attorney performance
- Recommends to the Manager of Financial Reporting new approaches to traditional business models, as appropriate strengthen client relationships and enhance practice profitability
- Responsible for communicating financial and operational statistics and analysis directly to key decision makers with the Business Office, partners and executive leadership
- Collaborates with others around the Firm to evaluate, track, report on and analyze Alternative Fee Arrangements (AFAs), as well as client portfolios and performance indicators
- Assists in the development of key performance measures for determining the health of our practice areas, practice groups and client teams
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of various periodic and ad hoc reports and resources for attorneys and staff Maintains financial software configurations and processes and communicates with vendors any changes, needs or updates
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance Actuary Sciences or similar field is required
- Two years of experience working in a law firm is necessary
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access; knowledge of SQL a plus
- Ability to work in a consultative and collaborative manner with attorneys
- Ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above-average critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel as necessary
Our client is committed to the safety of the workplace so that each team member of the Firm can serve clients with minimal disruption. Therefore, during the current pandemic COVID-19 vaccines are required for all team members, including those that are newly hired, other than where an exemption from that rule is legally required, or otherwise has been granted by the Firm as a reasonable accommodation.