Industry: Warehouse Manager
Job Number: 47361
HireLevel is hiring an experienced Freight Operations Manager in St. Louis, MO!
Our client is looking for a Freight Operations Manager to focus on day-to-day operations of our largest terminal, located in St. Louis, MO. The STL terminal is 65, 000 square feet and handles approximately 14, 000 packages daily. They should be freight focused with ownership of 60+ delivery routes, a line haul network and sort staff, as a team of 2-3 direct management reports. They will run the branch as a business unit, focusing on quality of service and completion of delivery in the most efficient and effective manner.
This individual will manage, train & mentor direct reports, as well as coordinate the operations of the warehouse, line haul and distribution service types, including reverse logistics. This individual needs to have an ownership mindset and lead by example while focusing on continuous improvement and cost savings. They must begin their day with the end in mind through successful prioritization, attention to detail and creative problem-solving capabilities.
Category: Full-time, Direct Hire
Location: St. Louis, MO
Similar Positions: Freight, Warehouse Management
Compensation of the Freight Operations Manager:
- $50-60k DOE
- Great benefit package
Responsibilities of Freight Operations Manager:
- Train, Manage and mentor management team, delegating and holding accountable when tasks don t meet time and/or performance standards.
- Focus on routing to ensure all freight is delivered as per customer specifications in the most efficient method.
- Partner with HR in selection, training & retention of Owner Operators, Employees and Temporary Employees
- Ensure successful matrixes including on-time delivery, scanning and financial measurements
- Responsible for upholding company policies and procedures as set forth by the Senior Management Team
- Proactive communication with all Owner Operators, Employees and Management Support Staff to ensure priorities are understood and results are delivered.
- Prepares weekly and daily reports, enters orders and assists with Distribution billing.
- Ownership of training and safety standards
- Maintains a team player atmosphere focused on the company s mission statement: To Deliver to the Right Place, at the Right Time, in the Right Way
- Create and maintain a culture of accountability
- Proactively manage customer claims process
Requirements of Freight Operations Manager:
- 2-3 Years of Combined Experience in Transportation, Distribution, & Warehousing management
- Experience with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Exceptional Prioritization, Attention to Detail & Problem-Solving Skills
- Knowledge of Routing & Delivery Vehicles
- Ability to Travel if Needed (less than 10%)
- Ability to work Evenings, and Weekends if needed
- Experience in a highly matrixed environment preferred
- Experience in a larger, corporate culture preferred
- Valid Driver's License and Reliable Transportation
- Must meet requirements for background and drug testing policies