HireLevel is looking for Freight Payment Specialist in Atlanta, GA!
Job Title: Freight Payment Specialist
Location: Atlanta, GA
Shift: M-F 8am-5pm
Similar Positions: Accountant, Billing Coordinator, Accounts Payable
This position is responsible for daily research and resolve freight payment questions & issues regarding in-process invoices, rates, aged bills, etc. from carriers, Cass (WestRock’s Freight audit & Pay 3rd party provider), OTM, Manhattan, Corporate, AP, and sites; validate and process accessorial invoices into OTM.
Responsibilities for Freight Payment Specialist:
- Provide support to sites and carriers on overall freight audit & payment invoice processes/rules
- Review 3rd party FAP providers’ exception reports overall and by plant to review spikes, obtain supporting info, and resolve
- Manage sites’ exception invoice count and send reminders 3xs per week
- Monitor, manage, & resolve freight payment issues from the group Freight Payment email boxes
- Run the Default rate and Short Pay reports, resolve rate issues, update rates in external FAP providers’, database, AS400, TMS systems, and send to Freight Procurement (to obtain new addendums)
- Identify patterns/trends and resolve with applicable parties
- Monitor and research root cause of rating errors on manufacturing systems including AS400, 3PL FAP providers’ systems, TMS systems, Transportation database, and file
- Process accessorial invoices in our Transportation Management System, OTM
- Monitor, manage, & resolve freight payment inquiries from the “TMS Detention” and “1101PaymentInquiries” email box
Requirements for Freight Payment Specialist:
- Minimum of 0-4 years relevant experience in freight payment or financial and transportation
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and process improvement skills
- Must be a strong team player and be able to work independently
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to multi-task and an aptitude for processes
- Display a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.