HireLevel is looking for General Labor in Monmouth, IL!
Our client is a large biochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation. They are a global company, active in the fields of health and nutrition.
Job Category: Full-Time
Location: Monmouth, IL
Shift: 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday- Friday with half an hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
Pay Rate: $12.65 an hour
Similar Positions: Farming, Seed Tech, General Labor, Cleaning, Inventory, Shipping and Receiving
Responsibilities of General Labor:
- Data collection such as stand counts, emergence ratings, plant heights, pollination dates, maturity notes, etc. in corn and soybean research plots utilizing handheld computing device, ex: iPod, Panasonic Tough Pad, iPad.
- Support safety programs by adhering to all safety policies and attend regular safety meetings.
- Take daily direction from supervisors and managers and carrying out all duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all established Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out assigned tasks.
- Ensuring compliance of regulated trails by assisting with volunteer plant removal.
- Assist in planting, pollinating, harvesting, weeding, preparing fields, preparing seed, tissue sampling, detasseling, rouging, and other field and seed activities related to crops and fields.
- Assist with inside lab work including cleaning, packing boxes for shipping, and organizing supplies.
- Assist with digging and washing plant roots for ratings and pictures.
- Scouting fields for disease, insects, and other environmental pressures.
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of the farms and assets.
Requirements of General Labor:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Preform manual labor, bending, and lifting up to 60 pounds
- Previous experience with MS Office/Excel and other standard computer and software systems may be required.
- Extended hours or shift work may be requested during peak seasons.
- Must be able to function as a team member, and to take daily direction from supervisors and managers, as well as provide updates.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand verbal and written task and safety instructions in
Must either have experience with field crops or can quickly learn and understand basic agronomic knowledge
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.