HireLevel is looking for General Labor in Monmouth, IL!
Our client is a large biochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation. They are a global company, active in the fields of health and nutrition.
Job Category: Full-Time
Location: Monmouth, IL
Shift: 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday- Friday with half an hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
Pay Rate: $12.65 an hour
Similar Positions: Farming, Seed Tech, General Labor, Cleaning, Inventory, Shipping and Receiving
Responsibilities of General Labor:
- Data collection such as stand counts, emergence ratings, plant heights, pollination dates, maturity notes, etc. in corn and soybean research plots utilizing handheld computing device, ex: iPod, Panasonic Tough Pad, iPad.
- Support safety programs by adhering to all safety policies and attend regular safety meetings.
- Take daily direction from supervisors and managers and carrying out all duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all established Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out assigned tasks.
- Ensuring compliance of regulated trails by assisting with volunteer plant removal.
- Assist in planting, pollinating, harvesting, weeding, preparing fields, preparing seed, tissue sampling, detasseling, rouging, and other field and seed activities related to crops and fields.
- Assist with inside lab work including cleaning, packing boxes for shipping, and organizing supplies.
- Assist with digging and washing plant roots for ratings and pictures.
- Scouting fields for disease, insects, and other environmental pressures.
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of the farms and assets.
Requirements of General Labor:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Preform manual labor, bending, and lifting up to 60 pounds
- Previous experience with MS Office/Excel and other standard computer and software systems may be required.
- Extended hours or shift work may be requested during peak seasons.
- Must be able to function as a team member, and to take daily direction from supervisors and managers, as well as provide updates.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand verbal and written task and safety instructions in English.
- Must either have experience with field crops or can quickly learn and understand basic agronomic knowledge
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.