HireLevel is looking for a HVAC Technician/ Installer in Collinsville, IL
Job Category: Full-time, contract to hire for the right candidate
Location: Collinsville, IL
Shift: Monday - Friday,8 am - 6 pm, Rotating Weekends On Call
Compensation: $15/hour, Depending on Experience
Duties of HVAC Technician/ Installer:
- Diagnose malfunctions or potential malfunctions of HVAC equipment
- Clearly communicate with customer the diagnosis and component replacement options / pricing/lifestyle questions
- Offer system upgrade options to customers when practical and replacement opportunities
- Exhibit professionalism
- Performs basic installation of new systems in timely manner
- Perform system repairs as chosen by customer
- Adhere to the pricing guide when presenting charges to customer
- Collect payment upon rendering service
- Assist and sometimes lead system installations, supervise as needed
- Keep trucks clean, presentable, and stocked for the day’s schedule, including picking up needed materials
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, including wearing shoe covers and using floor coverings
- Report on time to job sites / scheduled events
- Assist with training or supervising other technicians as needed
- Communicate clearly with Dispatcher and other Team Members throughout the day
- Hold self-accountable to KPI Goals and Achieving Revenue Goals
- Complete accurate invoices, proposal sheets, time cards and other paperwork, and turn into office in a timely manner
- Perform all duties in a safety conscious manner
- Other duties as needed
Requirements of Facilities Maintenance Technician:
- Skills required to perform functions of job satisfactorily are: Quickly and accurately diagnosing HVAC system problems, operating equipment and tools used in heating and air conditioning, adhering to safety standards, safely handling hazardous materials, and preparing accurate records or paperwork
- Knowledge is needed to perform common and complex mathematical calculations, read technical information, and to problem solve. Also knowledge of safety practices and methods used in HVAC equipment and related equipment is needed
- Self-start and schedule activities. Ability is needed to be flexible under changing circumstances and to work well with others. Ability is needed to meet deadlines in a timely fashion and to learn new methods or procedures in order to stay current with changing systems and customer climates
- EPA Certification (Type II minimum), completed course work in HVAC, Ride-alongs with Lead Technician and skill practice with them, good customer service skills. Sales training on lead setting. Experience in the specialized field is required. Employees are required to keep current on applicable laws and rules related to the HVAC field.
Responsibilities of HVAC Technician/ Installer:
- Working under limited supervision
- Following standard practices and methods
- Training and supervising others as needed
- Providing great customer service.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.