HireLevel is looking for an Technical Support Specialist in Buffalo Grove, IL!
Job Category: Full Time; 12-month Contract
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Similar Positions: IT support, Help Desk
Benefits after conversion:
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 20 days of paid time off, plus nine company-designated holidays and two personal holidays
- Life insurance covered by Siemens
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens
- 401(k) plan with up to six percent company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development plans
- Commuter benefit program
- Financial planning program
- Fields all incoming technical support requests into the Field Support department and accountable for resolving product information requests and product problem/solution requests.
- Accountable for support requests related to product information and product problems that are documented.
- May escalate more difficult support requests to Field Support Engineers.
- Logs all incoming support requests into the company call tracking system in a timely and professional manner. Proficient at responding, resolving, and closing
- 40 percent of support requests utilizing technical training and undocumented, creative solutions.
- Escalates more complex problems to Field Support Engineers.
- Complete company designated training courses for position to enhance work performance and career development
- Participates in special projects to increase the incumbent's role and technical abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- High understanding of customer satisfaction and service orientation
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Hardware or Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.