Industry: Human Resource Assistant
Job Number: 49255
HireLevel is seeking a Human Resources Specialist for our client located in Princeton, IN. The ideal candidate is experience with employee relations and benefits administration.
Job Category: Direct Hire
Similar Jobs: HR Generalist, HR Assistant, Recruiter, Benefits Manager
Compensation for the Human Resources Specialist:
The starting salary for the human resources specialist is between $50, 000 to $60, 000 per year with the following benefits.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD.
- Vacation and personal time available after meeting eligibility requirements.
- Generous 401(k) plan with company matching.
- Potential for annual bonus.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Specialist:
- Recruits and facilitates the selection and hiring of new employees.
- Advises management of interpretation and administration of H.R. Related policies & procedures
- Participates in counseling, grievances, and/or disciplinary actions
- Maintain positive employee relations. Coordinates communication of information regarding benefits, compensation, & policies.
- Sets up new employees with benefits and assists in troubleshooting any benefits related issues.
- Assures workplace compliance of applicable state & federal employment laws.
- Facilitates orientation and provides training for new employees.
- Inputs data for payroll processing and checks the accuracy of payroll reports.
- Also interfaces with accounting to provide Payroll Information into accounting system.
- Maintain and generate reports i.E. Turnover, EEO, New Hire, etc. If required.
- Recommends / implements activities that promote positive employee relations and participates in counseling, grievances, and/or disciplinary actions
- Assists departments with employee evaluations and employee target and development sheets
- Stays abreast of local/regional competitive landscape regarding pay, benefits, and onboarding programs
- Produce and deliver required legal and compliance training sessions
- Assist with employee development initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities of the Human Resources Specialist:
- Responsibilities include training, planning, assigning and directing work
- Assisting management with the establishment and maintenance of work instructions, process procedures and standards for processing functions
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding employees
- Developing standards for operational activities
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requirements of the Human Resources Specialist:
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive employee/ labor relations
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and fair resolution to sometimes complex employment problems
- Must demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak in front of groups at all levels of organization.
- PHR / SPHR certification very helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor s Degree in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or related major.
- 4+ years of experience with primary facets of HR function: employment, compensation, benefits, records maintenance, employee/ labor relations, etc.