Industry: Legal Secretary
Job Number: 47157
A large, full service, multi-state law firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. Is currently seeking a IP Litigation Paralegal. The ideal candidate will have heavy international patent experience with some trademark experience. This candidate will be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills and be a team player. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Position: Direct Hire
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Pay: Based on Experience
Similar Positions: Legal Secretary, Law Clerk, Paralegal
Responsibilities of the IP Litigation Paralegal:
- Assists case team(s) throughout all phases of litigation including trial preparation and trial.
- Reviews and drafts discovery requests and responses, subpoenas, notices and other court pleadings and documents, including summarizing transcripts and medical records.
- Conducts document reviews and prepares document productions.
- Identifies, collects and organizes factual evidence, including deposition and witness outlines, and deposition and trial exhibits.
- Cite-checks and blue-books briefs and prepares exhibits for same.
- Creates organizational systems for case documents.
- Participates in the creation of databases, performs data entry, conducts database searches and generates reports.
- Assumes responsibility for operation of trial support technology.
Requirements of the IP Litigation Paralegal:
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards! If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
- An undergraduate degree and/or a paralegal certificate required
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.