Industry: Desktop Support Specialist
Job Number: 49066
HireLevel is looking for an IT Support Specialist in Carlyle, IL!
This position provides Tier 1 support to end users by identifying issues and resolving technical problems. This role maintains the documentation of these issues and monitors the requests ensuring timely resolution. The position installs, maintains and upgrades workstations and software, investigates hardware problems, performs hardware and communication connection repairs and assists other members of the IT staff with projects as directed.
Job Category: Full-Time, Contract
Location: Carlyle, IL
Shift: Monday Friday | 8: 00 am 5: 00 pm, some flexibility required.
What is unique about the client: Our client is a family-owned company with roots dating back to 1851 in the southern Illinois farming community.
Company Culture: While our client is the 4th largest hot production company in North American, family values are still an important part of their culture. Their core values center around respect for team members and partners.
Similar Positions: IT Support, IT Specialist, IT Network, Support Specialist
Compensation of IT Support Specialist: Based on Experience
Responsibilities of IT Support Specialist:
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade laptop and desktop software, hardware, and equipment, while ensuring optimal performance and connectivity.
- Receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user help request.
- Provide in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level and end-user training where required.
- Escalate support issues to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Ensure assigned requests are resolved in a timely manner using appropriate prioritization and escalation.
- Collaborate with other departments for problem resolutions as necessary.
- Create system/user documentation.
- Maintain Computer/IT equipment asset listing.
- Travel occasionally to remote locations to provide onsite support.
- Be on call on a rotational basis.
Requirements of IT Support Specialist:
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Technology, Desktop Support or related and 6 months of experience, or an equivalent amount of on the job experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 2013, Office 2016, and Office 365 suite preferred.
- Knowledge of basic networking.
- Experience with remote service, ticketing systems, go-to assisting required.
- Must be able to meet clients background and drug testing requirements.
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.
We are an equal opportunity employer.