Job Number: 46049
HireLevel powered by Extra Help is seeking Industrial Steel Painter/Sandblaster for our client located in Granite City, IL.
Job Title: Industrial Steel Painter/Sandblaster
Job Category: Full-time, Temp-to-Hire
Location: Granite City, IL
Hours: 6AM - 2: 30PM
Similar Positions: Sandblaster, Industrial Painter, Fabricator, Spray Painter
Job Responsibilities of the Industrial Steel Painter/Sandblaster:
- Select the appropriate paint or mix paints according to a pre-determined formula.
- Operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare fabricated steel items for application of paint and or other protective coatings.
- Operate spray, dip or flow coating equipment or other painting or product coating equipment as required.
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups.
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment.
- Prepare and apply stencils, computer generated decals and barcodes on the finished products.
- Use of airless spray guns to paint steel structures
- Provide accurate painting onto structures
- Be sure paint is to required mil to ensure desired thickness
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements of the Industrial Steel Painter/Sandblaster:
- Experience with industrial sandblasting and painting is required
- Previous use of sandblasters and airless spray guns
- Ability to meet drug screen and background requirements
Compensation of the Industrial Steel Painter/Sandblaster: