HireLevel is looking for a Steel Inventory Clerk to work in a fast paced, team-oriented, friendly environment in St. Louis, MO.
Category: Full Time
Shift: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Compensation of Steel Inventory Clerk: $15-$23
Responsibilities of the Steel Inventory Clerk :
- As a Steel Inventory Control Clerk: Person primarily responsible for steel inventory.
- Will request and receive all steel, verify it (inspect the material and cross-check it to the PO and to the job), stock, color code and mark it. Will also coordinate with accounting, engineering, purchasing and shop personnel to ensure stock availability. Will track movement and scrap, and keep extensive records; Must have both written and computer input skills.
- As a Saw Operator: Saws/cuts all incoming parts; using various fabrication tools including the abrasive cut-off saw, the horizontal saw, the vertical band saw, and the iron worker, as required.
- As a Layout Man: Shears, rolls, drills, burns and prepares parts for fabrication as needed.
- As a Fitter Welder: Must have arc welding experience and weld in accordance to AWS D1.1.
- Also must be able to read and interpret weld symbols from blue prints; Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with co-workers, customers and supervision.
- Must also maintain a high standard of safety, teamwork, workmanship and house-keeping; comply with company work rules; provide own work tools; read, fabricate, lay-out, saw, weld from blueprints, and maintain raw material inventory control; operate fab equipment; able to use appropriate devices to move or lift products and material of varied sizes and weights, sometimes in excess of 1000 pounds;
- Asist in expediting shop production and perform as directed by shop supervision.
Education and/or Experience
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Ways to Apply
Submit Application below?
Visit our St. Louis office at: 3016 Locust St. Suite 102 & 103; St. Louis, MO. 63103
Call us now at 314-241-9675
Earn $50 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $50 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral
We are an equal opportunity employer.