Industry: Administrative Assistant
Job Number: 48881
HireLevel is hiring a Lab Assistant in Belleville, IL!
Job Type: Part-Time 3-6 month, 20-25hrs
Location: Belleville, IL
Similar Positions: Clerical, Lab Assistant, Inventory, Scheduling
Responsibilities of Lab Assistant:
- Pack and receive sample kits
- Prepare sampling kits for all compliance samples following EPA method collection requirements. Prioritize work schedule with oversight of Manager to meet service level target timelines for sample kits. Troubleshoot and update databases used to generate
- Receive, document kit condition, log in, and verify for accuracy all water samples sent in by our utilities or commercial clients. Verify the temperature, holding time and preservatives meet the method criteria for the analysis requested by the customer. Document all conditions of kits in SDG Program.
- Conduct weekly inventory of sampling kits. Prepare QC bottle checks on all new bottle orders and all new preservative lots. Follow-up with QC department for any QC issues prior to usage.
- Cross train to do turbidity as a backup or other wet chemistry methods (uv, turbidity, etc.)
- Responsible for the calibration of all laboratory thermometers, determine usefulness based on calibration results.
- Print the sampling schedule when released by documentation. Interact with documentation for schedule kit needs. Process all special request and resamples as requested by the utilities.
Requirements of Lab Assistant:
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Preferred previous experience in environmental quality standards, procedures.
- Knowledge of chemical names preferred.
- Some college courses in a science related field preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to meet client s background check and drug testing requirements
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Pick up and return your completed referral coupon to your local branch.