HireLevel is seeking a Legal Assistant-Entry Level for a law firm located in St. Louis, MO. The person will assist the legal team on various tasks including file organization, communication pieces, and closing file processes and procedures. If you take pride in being organized, are detail-oriented, and can be flexible and have fun at work then this position is for you!
Our client is ranked one of St. Louis’ Best Places to Work several years in a row! They believe that each member of the firm is a valuable member of the team where excellence, mutual respect, personal responsibility, and community service are the values they support each day. Shareholders, associates, paralegals, and staff work in an open, collegial environment that makes it easy to collaborate on projects, problem-solve, and work as a team in servicing clients.
- Pay: $40,000-$43,000
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Paid time off/vacation plus Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transportation Allowance
- Team Building Committees
- Flexible health spending account
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electronic filing of court documents.
- Assist with creating, and organizing binders, large mailings, and file organization.
- Collaborates with LA team in producing top quality work product.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels.
- Successfully perform position requirements with organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
- Prepare/maintain case sheets and shell letters/pleadings
- Maintains a calendar/docketing system.
- Perform closing file processes and procedures.
- Assist with typing, transcribing, and revising documents.
- Handles processing of business and vendor expenses through ChromeRiver.
- Other duties in compliance with Standards of Quality for Legal Assistant.
- Ability to problem-solve, think independently, and undertake projects with minimum supervision in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, typographic, or spelling errors.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Products.
- Interpersonal skills to work with other Sandberg Phoenix members in a positive, teamwork environment to service our clients.
- High School Diploma; 2-year degree preferred.
- 1-2 years relevant experience, preferably in legal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.