HireLevel is looking for a Local Certified Tanker Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN! This driver will load and unload bulk tankers and vans as well as transport materials to and from warehouse. This position does require a CDL Class A CDC with HAZMAT certification.
If you are looking to work for a company that is committed to the continued development of precision feed ingredients through science-based research and that is committed to bringing value and cost-saving products, then you should apply!
Job Title: Certified Tanker Truck Driver with Class A CDC HAZMAT
Job Category: Direct Hire
Contract Location: Indianapolis, IN
Shift: Monday - Friday : 10:00am - 7:00 pm
Compensation: $28.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sample bulk trailers, connect hoses and operate valves & pumps to load and unload bulk materials (ammo, cupric, brine, etchant).
- Operate a forklift with attachments; knowledge & ability to position & load trailers & tankers to meet DOT (including placarding, paperwork, etc. Responsible for implementation of all health, safety, environmental & quality related procedures in respective areas.
- Perform basic spill cleanup and housekeeping duties as directed. Perform basic volume calculations.
- May be required to lift up to 60 lbs. repetitively for extended periods of time.
- Our client believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: 1 year of related experience preferred; Class A CDC with HAZMAT and Tanker Certification.
- Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirator. May be asked to participate in a confined space entry, wear fall protection harness, climb onto tankers and railcars, climb through manways, lift & pull hoses, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.