HireLevel is looking for a Logistics Manager in St. Louis, MO!
Our client, a global packaging company, is looking for a Logistics Manager who reports to the Plant Manager. The purpose of this position is to satisfy clients requests by guaranteeing the efficient inbound and outbound flow of goods in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Job Category: Full-time, Direct Hire
Shift: Monday through Friday, 1st Shift
Location: St. Louis, MO
Responsibilities of the Logistics Manager:
- Receives and handles customer’s sale orders, negotiates the delivery schedule according to production capacity and warehouse availability and keeps customers updated on the production status.
- Plans the production program in coordination with the Production Manager, calculates the material needs (raw material, packaging materials, etc.) and makes the related orders to guarantee the supply of material to the production lines.
- Plans and manages deliveries and transfers of material, finished products, spare parts, samples, etc.; manages all transport documentation and import/export procedures.
- Supervises the warehouse management, plans and manages warehouse staff activities and guarantees order, cleanliness and health and safety standards.
- Supports the Procurement department and/or the Plant Manager in finding suppliers, collecting quotes, negotiating prices and issuing Purchase Orders.
- Supervises, coordinates and supports the Logistics and Warehouse team, managing priorities, eliminating, bottlenecks and addressing critical issues.
- Identifies, implements and leads logistics improvement projects to streamline flow and remove bottlenecks across the entire supply chain.
- Plans and manages periodical inventories.
- Manages the waste disposal process (suppliers, documentation, tracking systems, etc.).
Requirements of the Logistics Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or in the logistics field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Logistics with a manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient with SAP.
- Excellent knowledge of the supply chain process.
- Excellent applied knowledge of WCM standards.
- Good knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM).
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment rules and practices (GMPs)
Earn $25 in Referral Gift Cards!
If you refer someone to HireLevel and they are hired, work at least 30 days, and you are in good standing, we will send you a $25 gift card to say thank you! Submit your referrals at www.hirelevel.com/referral.